The Poems Game
A multiplayer online Balderdash-style game for writing poetry.
Play the game here.
- Create a room and invite others by sharing the link.
- Choose a poem or input your own.
- Read the first n-1 stanzas of the poem (the last stanza is automatically hidden for you).
- Spend 10-15 minutes writing your own versions of the last stanza. It’s useful to have a time cap here especially if you have some perfectionists in your group. You can send multiple submissions if you want. Once everyone has submitted their version (remember to pay attention to formatting and indentation), one person hits the “All submission are in” button.
- All ending submissions will be displayed in a random order (everyone gets the same order). Read them and talk about them.
- Hit the “reveal” button to see the real ending.
An example of a poem with several submitted endings: